Friday, August 5, 2011

Has it really been longer than two months since I posted?

Crap, I guess so. Well, in my defense, during that time, my wife and I have flown back to Sacramento to pack up the house and complete the move to NOLA, hosted a going-away party, driven across the country, had a moving truck arrive, had my MIL, stepson, and niece on a visit since June 24, and, of course, we've been unpacking and playing host.

Anyhow, I'm going to try to post a bit more frequently during the run-up to the season. Right now the 1998 Orange Bowl is in the DVD player, and Nebraska just scored at the beginning of the third quarter with a classic all-rush drive to crush Tennessee's will. Yeah, it makes me nostalgic for my time in school and for the teams Nebraska used to field. What an offense! I remember listening to Tennessee fans at halftime talking about how if they could just stop the turnovers, Tennessee could win the game. I remember laughing then and I laugh now thinking back on it. I miss being able to be that cocksure about the Huskers. Well, on offense at least. I'm that cocksure about the defense.

How do you feel about the upcoming season?

No comments:

Post a Comment